Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- 19th Annual Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 7, 2017 9:30 am – 5 pm and October 8, 2017 10 am – 5 pm Vendor applications and more info are available at www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Pumpkin Fest Car Show application Click here
- Halloween Parade Wednesday October 25, 2017 at 7 pm Parade forms at East Pennsboro Area High School and starts at 7 pm. Parade will end at the Township Building. If you would like to participate in the parade registration opens October 10, 2017. Rain date is Thursday October 26, 2017.
- Trick or Treat Tuesday October 31, 2017 from 6 – 8 pm
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 7 pm Township Building
2017 Day and Overnight Excursions
- Charleston & Savannah – October 29 – November 4 Charleston and Savannah showcase the typical idea of the South. This is a top-notch trip to the beautiful south. Your hotels are situated in downtown locations so you can get out and explore. Enjoy the highlights of this hospitable area. Includes: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Free Time in historic Charleston, Charleston Tour, Free time in historic Savannah, Savannah Tour, Luncheon Cruise & Cooking Demo, Angel Oak Tree, Tea Plantation Trolley Tour, Wine & Vodka Tasting, Maymont Estate, 11 meals, 6 Nights Lodging, All taxes, Guide Gratuities, Baggage Handling. Cost per person: $1,299.00 Double
- Maryland LIVE Casino – November 1 One of the nation’s largest gaming, retail and entertainment destinations. More ways to dine, more ways to indulge and more ways to play. Just a walkway away is Arundel Mills, Maryland’s largest outlet and value retail shopping, dining and entertainment destination with more than 200 indoor stores. Transportation, $20 Slot Play. Cost per person: $ 50.00
- A Capital Christmas of Flowers, Ice, Trains and Lights – December 4 We’ll start this Christmas-season trip with a visit to 80-year-old Behnke Nursery, one of the D.C. area’s best garden centers. Then we’ll head to the National Harbor to see the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center’s amazing ICE display of ice sculptures and holiday lights. Then we’ll head to the Capitol grounds for an afternoon visit to U.S. Botanic Garden, which will be decorated with trains, holiday plants and miniature D.C. landmarks made out of plant parts. And after dinner, we’ll cap the trip with a visit to Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Md., to see the stunning Garden of Lights outdoor holiday light show. Cost per person: $ 135.00
- New York City On Your Own – December 9 This is a “Day on your own” in NYC to enjoy at your leisure. You’ll find an unbelievable array of shopping, World Class Museums, restaurants and tons of Broadway shows, so there is something for everyone! Cost per person: $ 65.00