Special Events / Bus Trips
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday April 13, 2019 @ Adams-Ricci. Children ages 3-6 are welcome to come out and fill their baskets with eggs. The Easter Bunny will be available for pictures!
- Kids Only Yard Sale – Saturday June 29, 2019 9 am – 12 pm @ Adams-Ricci Park Southwest entrance. Vendor spots are free and available for school aged kids to sell their toys. This is an excellent chance to purchase toys at great prices or find that missing piece to what you already own. Don’t miss this great chance to shop!
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest – October 12 & 13, 2019 at Adams-Ricci Park. Mark your calendars and join us, the weekend before Columbus Day for this 2 day Community Event featuring crafts, food, games, contest, and entertainment. We expect over 240 vendors! 2019 Vendor Applications will be available in April.
- Halloween Parade – October 23, 2019 7 pm. Parade route goes from the High School parking lot, across Shady Lane and down Enola Drive to finish at the Township Building. Individuals, groups and floats can register after October 7th for costume judging for prizes.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa Visit and Coloring Contest Display – Wednesday December 4, 2019 at the Township Building. Come see Santa and the Holiday Design contest displays at 5:30pm on the 2nd floor, Tree Lighting Ceremony begins at 7pm in front of the building.
2019 Bus Trips with Lowee’s Group Tours
Details and itineraries can be found by clicking the links below. To book a trip, please contact Chrissy Kelly with Lowee’s Group Tours at (717) 657-9658.
- Cape May, NJ – Saturday, June 15, 2019 Enjoy the day at the beach, stroll through the quaint shopping town while soaking in the sun. Trip includes: Transportation. Cost per person: $75
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival – Saturday, July 13, 2019 Enjoy over 85 New York State wineries, a wine pick-up service, live music, wine seminars and food demonstrations, a gourmet food court, pace car rides around the famed Watkins Glen International racetrack, and more! Finger Lakes Wine Festival has been designated as one of the Top 100 Events in North America by an experienced expert tourism industry selection committee. Cost per person: $89
- Ocean City Maryland Beach Escape – August 25-29, 2019 In OCMD, it’s always a good time for a good time. Enjoy 10 miles of beach, a three-mile famous boardwalk, 200+ restaurants and free family events on the Beach – all summer long. Trip includes: transportation, 4 nights Oceanfront lodging, welcome reception, luggage handling and room taxes. Cost per person: $749pp Single/ $439pp Double/$375pp Triple/$365pp Quad – $129 per child under 16
- MGM National Harbor Casino – September 7, 2019 Located along the Potomac River in Prince George’s County, MD, MGM Casino Resort is Maryland’s newest destination for premier gaming with 3,600 slots and 140 table games including poker. You will receive free slot play bonus compliments of MGM National Harbor Casino. Trip includes: Transportation and slot play. Cost per person: $65
- Fall Foliage in the Poconos – October 17, 2019 We’ve timed this day trip (hopefully) to hit peak fall foliage time in eastern Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains. Besides the trees, stops include the Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm in Stroudsburg, Bushkill Falls (the eight-waterfall “Niagara of PA.”), and Gifford Pinchot’s Grey Towers estate with the one-time Governor’s interesting/eclectic home and tree-laden landscaping. Trip includes: Transportation, lunch, and admissions. Cost per person: $149
- Gettysburg Dine-a-Round – October 23, 2019 Tour and Dine around historic Gettysburg, PA. We’ll visit Seminary Ridge and enjoy coffee and pastries. We will tour Gettysburg Battlefield, eat lunch in the Historic Dobbin House, visit the Elizabeth Ann Seaton shrine and the Firefighters Memorial. Finally, a tour of the Hollabaugh Brothers’ Apple Orchard followed by dessert & cider. Trip includes: Transportation, all admissions, Luncheon, Taxes and Meal Gratuities. Driver’s Gratuity NOT included. Cost per person: $115
- New York City Day On Your Own – December 4, 2019 Enjoy NYC at your leisure. You’ll find an unbelievable array of shopping, World Class Museums, restaurants and a ton of Broadway shows, so there is something for everyone! Let us know if you need Broadway show tickets! Trip includes: Transportation and NYC map. Cost per person: $45
- Kalahari Waterpark – December 27, 2019 Come see the largest indoor Waterpark with 220,000 square feet of iconic waterpark fun. Hear the whoosh as you zoom down one of the many hair-raising waterslides. Feel the splash of the wave pool, the thrill of the kids’ play area, or the rush of indoor surfing. Experience unforgettable family time and memories that will last a lifetime. Trip includes: Transportation Cost per person: $89