Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Egg Hunt Saturday March 24, 2018 1 pm at Adams Ricci Park fields T, B, C & #3. Ages 1 – 6 Please bring a basket and don’t be late because once the horn sounds the eggs are gone in seconds! The Easter bunny will be visiting with families before and after the hunt. There will be a separate hunting area for parents to assist their child during the hunt. The other areas are set up so the children can hunt on their own. Rain/Snow date March 25 at 2 pm.
- Scavenger Hunt Saturday March 24, 2018 2 pm at Adams Ricci Park meet at the concession stand next to the caboose. Ages 6 and up, families and groups may participate together. This scavenger hunt is for those that need a challenge while trying to find candy and prizes. We will have clues around the park for you or your group to find, photo and turn in all the clues to win. The first to turn them in and in the correct order wins the grand prize! We do appreciate pre-registration for this event, please call or email you groups name, age and how many in your group. You will need one person to have a digital camera or phone to take photos. Rain/Snow date is March 25 at 3 pm.
- Memorial Day Parade Sunday May 20, 2018 2 pm along Enola Drive from South Street to Shady Lane. There is a Memorial service after the parade at 3 pm held at the Wall of Honor on the corner of Shady Lane and Enola Drive. No rain date for this event.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 2, 2018 9 am – 12 pm at Adams Ricci Park Southwest entrance Vendor spots are free and available for school aged kids to sell their toys. This is an excellent chance to purchase toys at great prices or find that missing piece to what you already own. Don’t miss this great chance to shop!
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 6 & 7, 2018 at Adams Ricci Park. 2018 Applications will not open until April. Stay updated and check out the event at our website www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade October 24, 2018 7 pm parade route from High School parking lot, across Shady Lane and down Enola Drive to finish at the Township Building. Individuals, groups and floats can register after October 9, 2018 for costume judging with prizes.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa Visits and Coloring Contest Display Wednesday December 5, 2018 at 7 pm Township Building(Santa location- 2nd floor, Coloring contest display ground floor and tree lighting is in front of the Township Building at the pine tree)
2017-2018 Day and Overnight Excursions
- Sands Casino & Resort- February 6 Enjoy the day at the casino or at your leisure. The Outlets at the Sands are near to be able to shop, eat and enjoy. Trip includes: Transportation, $20 Slot Play, $5.00 meal voucher, Taxes. Cost per person: $50.00
- Stowe & Sugarbush- February 23-25 Transportation, 2 nights lodging, two continental breakfasts, one dinner and ski passes one day to Stowe and one day to Sugarbush. Cost per person: Double $550.00, Triple $499.00, Quad $479.00
- Philadelphia Flower Show – March 8 The show theme for 2018 is “Wonders of Water” and will focus on water features in gardening. The trip includes transportation to and from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, show ticket and on-board show tips and gardening tidbits by garden writer George Weigel. Cost per person: $89.00
- Gardens of the Deep South- March 15-24, 2018 New Orleans is the main destination, but we’ll be seeing lots of gardens and cool attractions on the way down and back on this 10-day, 9-night coach tour. Highlights include two nights at Georgia’s famed Callaway Gardens and resort, a visit to one of America’s top-rated public gardens (Bellingrath in Mobile, Ala.), three days in New Orleans (including more gardens, a swamp-boat tour, a city tour, Cajun food and some free time), visits to two Southern plantations (Nottoway and Rosalie), and a tour of Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest country home. Cost per person: Double $1,999.00
- New York City on Your Own – April 21 This is a “Day on your own” in NYC to enjoy at your leisure. You’ll find an unbelievable array of shopping, World Class Museums, restaurants and tons of Broadway shows, so there is something for everyone! Let us know if you need Broadway show tickets! Cost per person: $65.00
- Salute America ~ Ellis Island & 9/11 Memorial Site – May 19, 2018 Start the day off with a visit to Liberty Park to see the Statue of Liberty then off to experience the history of Ellis Island. Return to Battery Park and enjoy a visit to the Amazing tribute, the 9/11 Memorial site. The National September 11 Memorial is a tribute of remembrance and honor to the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center site, near Shanksville, Pa., and at the Pentagon, as well as the six people killed in the World Trade Center bombing in February 1993. (The Statue of Liberty may be closed at any time by the federal parks service) Cost per person: $115.00
- Cape May a Day on Own- June 16 Cape May is a city and seaside resort at the tip of southern New Jersey’s Cape May Peninsula. It’s known for its grand Victorian houses such as the Emlen Physick Estate, now a museum with a preserved interior from the era. Shops and restaurants line the Washington Street Mall, 3 pedestrianized blocks of Washington Street. The Cape May Lighthouse provides views across the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean. The day is yours to explore. Cost per person: $70.00
- Philadelphia Zoo and Camden Aquarium- June 22 Enjoy summer fun at the Philadelphia Zoo. The region’s leading family destination and one of the area’s foremost conservation organizations, Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Also enjoy the Camden Aquarium is home to the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast, including the only great hammerhead shark on exhibit in the United States, the only aquarium in the world to exhibit hippos, one of only six facilities in the US to have Little Blue penguins as permanent residents and exhibits the longest Shark Bridge in the world, a unique V-shaped rope suspension bridge just inches over Shark Realm. Cost per person: $85.00