Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Easter Egg Hunt Saturday April 8, 2017 at 1 pm at Adams Ricci Park Parent’s don’t be late because the hunt doesn’t last long. All age groups have a designated hunting area in the field between the concession stand and Gazebo. Please remember to bring your basket to gather the eggs. In case of bad weather check here for cancellation information. Rain/Snow Date is Sunday April 9, 2017 at 2 pm.
- Scavenger Hunt Saturday April 8, 2017 at 2 pm at Adams Ricci Park We will meet at the Concession Stand by the caboose. Bring your smart phone (download the Geocaching App)or borrow one of our GPS Units to participate in our Geocaching Scavenger Hunt! We will have caches all over the park for you to find in this fun scavenger hunt throughout the park. We appreciate pre-registration so call 732-0711 option 3 or email us at email@example.com and let us know how many are in your group. Rain/Snow date April 9 at 3 pm.
- Memorial Day Parade Sunday May 21, 2017 at 2 pm Memorial Day parade will start at Pine Street and Enola Drive and continue down Enola Drive to Shady Lane and the World War II monument. After the parade, at 3 pm a Memorial ceremony will be held at the World War II monument.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 3, 2017 9 am – 12 pm Kids are able to sign up for a FREE 10 x 10 space and bring their toys, games, clothes and books to sell. Children will keep any money collected selling their items. We will advertise in the newspaper and have light refreshments for shoppers to enjoy during the event.
- National Night Out Tuesday August 1, 2017 6-8 pm
- 19th Annual Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 7, 2017 9:30 am – 5 pm and October 8, 2017 10 am – 5 pm Vendor applications and more info are available at www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade Wednesday October 25, 2017 at 7 pm Parade forms at East Pennsboro Area High School and starts at 7 pm. Parade will end at the Township Building. If you would like to participate in the parade registration opens October 10, 2017. Rain date is Thursday October 26, 2017.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 7 pm Township Building
2017 Day and Overnight Excursions
- Beautiful the Carole King Musical- February 8, 2017 Travel to New York City to see Beautiful on Broadway. Beautiful tells the story of Carole King from her early days as a Brooklyn teenager named Carol Klein. She struggles to enter the recording business and becomes a chart-topping music legend. Seats are orchestra and we are offering an optional lunch option at Swing Jazz & Supper Club. Trip includes Transportation to NYC and Orchestra seats to Beautiful. Cost per person: $159.00 Lunch option additional $40.00 per person.
- Maryland Live Casino- February 9, 2017 This casino is one of the nation’s largest gaming, retail and entertainment destinations. And just a walkway away is Arundel Mills, Maryland’s largest outlet and value retail shopping, dining and entertainment destination with more than 200 indoor stores. Trip includes: Transportation, $30.00 slot play and half price buffet. Cost per person: $50.00
- Southern Hospitalities- Histories of the Big Cities of Texas- February 20- March 2, 2017 They say everything is bigger in the south…well this is so true for this tour. It is packed with sourther fun! Trip includes motorcoach transportation, 10 nights Ledging, Luggage handling, 10 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners, D-Day Memorial, Ruby Falls, Houston space Center, Riverwalk Cruise, San Antonio Tour, LBJ National Historic Site, Pacific War Museum, Graceland Tour, Wine Tasting, Guides, Tazes and Meal & Guide gratuities. Cost per person: Single $2,749, Double $1,999. Trip insurance available for $145 per person.
- Killington Ski Trip- February 24-26, 2017 Included in this trip are bus transportation, two night accomodation at the Holiday Inn Rutland, VT, two buffet breakfasts, one dinner buffet and your two day lift ticket to Killingtion. All applicable taxes and meal gratuities are pre-paid for your convenience. Cost per person: $439 Double, $399 Triple or $379 Quad
- Philadelphia Flower Show-March 14, 2017 The 2017 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show will celebrate the wonders of Holland. From windmills, wooden shoes and cheese, to bicycles, canals and vibrant tulip and flower fields, the largest flower show in the U.S. will share diverse stories of horticulture, innovative eco-design, and modern urban greening and sustainability efforts of the Netherlands. Trip includes: transporation, ticket to the Flower Show and George Weigel tour. Cost per person: $85.00.
- New Orleans-March 19-26 This trip south will entertain the entire way with beautiful Estates, history and much more! Spend three nights on Burbon Street in New Orleans and take in the culture, food and sites! Trip includes: Motorcoach Transportation, 7 nights lodging, luggage handling, 5 Breakfasts, 1 Brunch, 5 Dinners (one is a dinner cruise), Biltmore Estate Tour, Biltmore Winery Tour & Tasting, Bellingrathh Home and Gardens, French Quarter Tour, NOLA city tour, Guide Service, Gold Strike Casino, Jim Beam Distillery, Thoroughbred Horse Tour and guide gratuities. Cost per person: $1,800.00 Single and $1,425.00 Double Occupancy.
- The Waterfont at Silver Birches Murder Mystery-March 22, 2017 It is Grandma Rose’s 80th Birthday party, where hate and greed are served along with the cake and ice cream and the insults flow faster than the whiskey. Keep your eyes open as the plot twists. At the end of the show someone gets murdered and it’s up to you to guess who! Cost per person: $115.00
- Charlie Daniels Band- American Music Theatre-March 25, 2017 The Charlie Daniels Band Fiddler extraordinaire, Charlie Daniels, is bringing his rockin’ country band back to AMT! The Bands instrumental dexterity can be heard in their free-wheeling country tunes like “Long Haired Country Boy,” “The Legend of Wooley Swamp,” and their Grammy winning hit, “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.” Opening for Charlie Daniels will be the Scooter Brown Band whose roots come from hard-driving country. Trip includes: Motorcoach transportation, show, dinner at Hucklesberries, Taxes and meal gratuities. Cost per person: $125.00
- Menopause the Musical-April 5, 2017 This show is at Caesars in Atlantic City Circus Maximus Showroom for a buffet lunch, $25.00 slot bonus along with a hilarious 3:30 pm show, Menopause the Musical. This hilarious musical parody staged to classic tunes from the ’60′s, ’70′s and ’80′s will have you cheering and dancing in the aisles. Trip includes: Transportation, $25.00 slot play, buffet luncheon and show. Cost per person: $120.00
- 9/11 Museum and One World Observatory-April 6, 2017 Explore three levels of innovation and inspiration to the top of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. Lunch is served at Ryan Maguire’s Pub. After lunch visit the National 9/11 Memorial Meuseum is an amazing tribute to a horrible day in history which united a country. Trip includes: Transportation, luncheon, One World Observatory, 9/11 Museum, meal taxes and gratuities. Cost per person: $145.00
- Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms- April 8, 2017 Travel to our Nation’s Capital for the beautiful Cherry Blossoms and enjoy on your own time around the Smithsonian and surrounding areas or take an optional visit to the National Zoo. Cost per person: $50.00
- Capd Cod Springtime Adventure- May 15-19, 2017 This is a timeless vacation to the Cape. Trip includes: Motorcoach transportation, 4 nights of accommodations at the Holiday Inn Hyannis, round trip luggage handling, guided tour to Provincetown along scenic Route 6A, visit to the Cape Cod National Seashore Visitor’s Center, Admission on a Whale Watch Excursion, guided tours of Boston and Plymouth, guided tours of Hyannis and Sandwich, admission to the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, visit to the Cape Cod Canal Visitor’s center, 4 full breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lobster dinner, meal taxes, meal gratuities, room taxes and maid gratuities. Cost per person: $879.00 Sindgle, $699.00 Double Occupancy.
- New York City On Your Own Springtime- May 20, 2017 This is a day on your own in NYC to enjoy at your leisure, You’ll find an unvelievable array of shopping, world class museums, restaurants and tons of Broadway shows, so there is something for everyone! If you need Broadway show tickets, just let us know and we will assist you. Trip includes: Motorcoach transportation and NYC Map Cost per person: $65.00
- Southern Adventure in Memphis & Nashville- June 12 – 18 Enjoy downtown hotels to immerse yourself in these amazing cities. A trip not to be missed! Includes: Motorcoach transportation, 6 nights accomodations, luggage handling, 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, Kentucky Derby Museum, Graceland, Sun Studios, Grand Ole Oopry, Opry & Ryman Tour, General Jackson Cruise, Country Music Hall of Fame, RCA Studios, Knoxville Tour, D-Day Memorial, Poplar Forest Tour, all fuide fees and guide gratuities. Cost per person: $1,798.00 Single, $1,299.00 Double