Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 2, 2018 9 am – 12 pm at Adams Ricci Park Southwest entrance Vendor spots are free and available for school aged kids to sell their toys. This is an excellent chance to purchase toys at great prices or find that missing piece to what you already own. Don’t miss this great chance to shop!
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 6 & 7, 2018 at Adams Ricci Park. 2018 Applications will not open until April. Stay updated and check out the event at our website www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade October 24, 2018 7 pm parade route from High School parking lot, across Shady Lane and down Enola Drive to finish at the Township Building. Individuals, groups and floats can register after October 9, 2018 for costume judging with prizes.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa Visits and Coloring Contest Display Wednesday December 5, 2018 at 7 pm Township Building(Santa location- 2nd floor, Coloring contest display ground floor and tree lighting is in front of the Township Building at the pine tree)
2018 Day and Overnight Excursions
- Salute America ~ Ellis Island & 9/11 Memorial Site – May 19, 2018 Start the day off with a visit to Liberty Park to see the Statue of Liberty then off to experience the history of Ellis Island. Return to Battery Park and enjoy a visit to the Amazing tribute, the 9/11 Memorial site. The National September 11 Memorial is a tribute of remembrance and honor to the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center site, near Shanksville, Pa., and at the Pentagon, as well as the six people killed in the World Trade Center bombing in February 1993. (The Statue of Liberty may be closed at any time by the federal parks service) Cost per person: $115.00
- Cape May a Day on Own- June 16 Cape May is a city and seaside resort at the tip of southern New Jersey’s Cape May Peninsula. It’s known for its grand Victorian houses such as the Emlen Physick Estate, now a museum with a preserved interior from the era. Shops and restaurants line the Washington Street Mall, 3 pedestrianized blocks of Washington Street. The Cape May Lighthouse provides views across the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean. The day is yours to explore. Cost per person: $70.00
- Philadelphia Zoo and Camden Aquarium- June 22 Enjoy summer fun at the Philadelphia Zoo. The region’s leading family destination and one of the area’s foremost conservation organizations, Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Also enjoy the Camden Aquarium is home to the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast, including the only great hammerhead shark on exhibit in the United States, the only aquarium in the world to exhibit hippos, one of only six facilities in the US to have Little Blue penguins as permanent residents and exhibits the longest Shark Bridge in the world, a unique V-shaped rope suspension bridge just inches over Shark Realm. Cost per person: $85.00
- Ocean City Maryland Beach Getaway – August 26-30 Join us for a long weekend getaway for fun in the sun! Enjoy 5 days of leisure at the Days Inn Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Trip includes: Transportation, 4 Nights Lodging, Taxes, Baggage Handling, and Luggage Tags. Cost Per Person: $759 Single, $449 Double, $375 Triple, $355 Quad. Children under 16 with two paying adults or one adult at a single rate are $129 each.
- A Southern Adventure – Memphis & Nashville – September 24-30 This high end trip has everything you want to see and do in these great music cities. In Memphis, you will be at the Hampton Inn right at Beale Street and visit Graceland and Sun Studios. In Nashville, you are lodged a the Gaylord Opryland Resort, included is the Wildhorse Saloon, Grand Ole Opry Tour, Ryman Tour, A Night at the Grand Ole Opry, Luncheon Cruise on the General Jackson, RCA Studios, and a songwriters luncheon at the Country Music Hall of Fame. On the way home, you will stay in Lexington, KY and tour Horse Country and Historic Homes. Cost per person: $2,099 Single and $1699 Double.
- Discover Pittsburgh & Flight 93 Memorial – October 4 On a crisp fall morning, enjoy the beautiful setting in Shanksville in remembrance of the passengers and crew of Flight 93. In Pittsburgh, enjoy a 4 star dining at Lemont Restaurant with a spectacular view and ride the historic Duquesne Incline down. End your day with a 60 minute sightseeing cruise on the famous 3 rivers. Cost per person: $150