Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 30, 2018 9 am – 12 pm @ Adams Ricci Park Southwest entrance. Vendor spots are free and available for school aged kids to sell their toys. This is an excellent chance to purchase toys at great prices or find that missing piece to what you already own. Don’t miss this great chance to shop!
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 6 & 7, 2018 at Adams Ricci Park. 2018 Applications will not open until April. Stay updated and check out the event at our website www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade October 24, 2018 7 pm Parade route from High School parking lot, across Shady Lane and down Enola Drive to finish at the Township Building. Individuals, groups and floats can register after October 9, 2018 for costume judging with prizes.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa Visits and Coloring Contest Display Wednesday December 5, 2018 at 7 pm @ Township BuildingSanta on the 2nd floor, Coloring contest display ground floor & tree lighting in front of the Township Building
2018 Day & Overnight Excursions
- Cape May a Day on Own- June 16
Cape May is a city and seaside resort at the tip of southern New Jersey’s Cape May Peninsula. It’s known for its grand Victorian houses such as the Emlen Physick Estate, now a museum with a preserved interior from the era. Shops and restaurants line the Washington Street Mall, 3 pedestrianized blocks of Washington Street. The Cape May Lighthouse provides views across the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean. The day is yours to explore. Cost per person: $70.00
- Philadelphia Zoo and Camden Aquarium- June 22
Enjoy summer fun at the Philadelphia Zoo. The region’s leading family destination and one of the area’s foremost conservation organizations, Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Also enjoy the Camden Aquarium is home to the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast, including the only great hammerhead shark on exhibit in the United States, the only aquarium in the world to exhibit hippos, one of only six facilities in the US to have Little Blue penguins as permanent residents and exhibits the longest Shark Bridge in the world, a unique V-shaped rope suspension bridge just inches over Shark Realm. Cost per person: $85.00
- Ocean City Maryland Beach Getaway – August 26-30
Join us for a long weekend getaway for fun in the sun! Enjoy 5 days of leisure at the Days Inn Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Trip includes: Transportation, 4 Nights Lodging, Taxes, Baggage Handling, and Luggage Tags. Cost Per Person: $759 Single, $449 Double, $375 Triple, $355 Quad. Children under 16 with two paying adults or one adult at a single rate are $129 each.
- Finger Lakes Wine Tasting Weekend October 13-14, 2018
Please consider joining us for what can only be described as an “Ultra Fabulous” time in the Finger Lakes, NY. This is a tasty fun and relaxing trip. You will enjoy a variety of wineries and breweries. Rooster Fish, Three Brother’s, Hazlitt and Grist Iron will round out our tasting stops for the weekend. Trip includes: Transportation, 1 Night Lodging, 4 Wine Tasting, 3 Beer Tasting, Taxes. Cost per person: Single: $335, Double: $270, Triple: $260, Quad: $255
- Discover Pittsburgh & Flight 93 Memorial
October 19, 2018
On a crisp fall morning enjoy the beautiful setting in Shanksville in remembrance of the passengers and crew of Flight 93. In Pittsburgh enjoy 4 star dining at Lemont Restaurant with a spectacular view and ride the historic Duquesne Incline down. End your day with a 60 minute sight seeing cruise on the famous 3 rivers.Cost per person: $150
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC
For 90 years, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, has been the kickoff for the holiday season. Every year, this Emmy award winning tradition is seen by more than 3.5 million people in new York and 50 million people at home, all tuned in to see the giant balloons, one of a kind floats, amazing performers and much more. Get into the holiday spirit seeing the parade live! Trip includes: Transportation. Cost per person: $75
- Day on your own in New York City December 8, 2018
New York City has an unbelievable array of shopping, over 150 world class museums, 18,000 restaurants and 135 Broadway theatres so there is something for everyone. Enjoy the holiday magic in NYC! Trip includes: Transportation and NYC Map. Cost per person: $65