Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Memorial Day Parade Sunday May 21, 2017 at 2 pm Memorial Day parade will start at Pine Street and Enola Drive and continue down Enola Drive to Shady Lane and the World War II monument. After the parade, at 3 pm a Memorial ceremony will be held at the World War II monument.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 3, 2017 9 am – 12 pm Kids are able to sign up for a FREE 10 x 10 space and bring their toys, games, clothes and books to sell. Children will keep any money collected selling their items. We will advertise in the newspaper and have light refreshments for shoppers to enjoy during the event.
- National Night Out Tuesday August 1, 2017 6-8 pm
- 19th Annual Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 7, 2017 9:30 am – 5 pm and October 8, 2017 10 am – 5 pm Vendor applications and more info are available at www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade Wednesday October 25, 2017 at 7 pm Parade forms at East Pennsboro Area High School and starts at 7 pm. Parade will end at the Township Building. If you would like to participate in the parade registration opens October 10, 2017. Rain date is Thursday October 26, 2017.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 7 pm Township Building
2017 Day and Overnight Excursions
- Capd Cod Springtime Adventure- May 15-19, 2017 This is a timeless vacation to the Cape. Trip includes: Motorcoach transportation, 4 nights of accommodations at the Holiday Inn Hyannis, round trip luggage handling, guided tour to Provincetown along scenic Route 6A, visit to the Cape Cod National Seashore Visitor’s Center, Admission on a Whale Watch Excursion, guided tours of Boston and Plymouth, guided tours of Hyannis and Sandwich, admission to the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, visit to the Cape Cod Canal Visitor’s center, 4 full breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lobster dinner, meal taxes, meal gratuities, room taxes and maid gratuities. Cost per person: $879.00 Sindgle, $699.00 Double Occupancy.
- New York City On Your Own Springtime- May 20, 2017 This is a day on your own in NYC to enjoy at your leisure, You’ll find an unvelievable array of shopping, world class museums, restaurants and tons of Broadway shows, so there is something for everyone! If you need Broadway show tickets, just let us know and we will assist you. Trip includes: Motorcoach transportation and NYC Map Cost per person: $65.00
- Southern Adventure in Memphis & Nashville- June 12 – 18 Enjoy downtown hotels to immerse yourself in these amazing cities. A trip not to be missed! Includes: Motorcoach transportation, 6 nights accomodations, luggage handling, 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, Kentucky Derby Museum, Graceland, Sun Studios, Grand Ole Oopry, Opry & Ryman Tour, General Jackson Cruise, Country Music Hall of Fame, RCA Studios, Knoxville Tour, D-Day Memorial, Poplar Forest Tour, all fuide fees and guide gratuities. Cost per person: $1,798.00 Single, $1,299.00 Double
- Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees- June 24 Come out and see the Yankees meet the Rangers in a 1:05 pm game at Yankee Stadium! Seats are in section 206 which are under protection from sun and rain. Cost per person: $125.00
- New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals- August 26 This trip offers on your own time at the war memorials prior to seeing the 4:05 pm Nationals game. Seat are in section 109 and enjoy a great game! Cost per person: $109.00