Special Events / Day Excursions
Events listed below are supported by the volunteer Recreation Board appointed by the Township Commissioners. If you are interested in assisting with an event please call the Recreation Department to inquire. We are always looking to involve more community members in our events.
- Kids Only Yard Sale Saturday June 30, 2018 9 am – 12 pm @ Adams Ricci Park Southwest entrance. Vendor spots are free and available for school aged kids to sell their toys. This is an excellent chance to purchase toys at great prices or find that missing piece to what you already own. Don’t miss this great chance to shop!
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest October 6 & 7, 2018 at Adams Ricci Park. 2018 Applications will not open until April. Stay updated and check out the event at our website www.pennsboropumpkinfest.com
- Halloween Parade October 24, 2018 7 pm Parade route from High School parking lot, across Shady Lane and down Enola Drive to finish at the Township Building. Individuals, groups and floats can register after October 9, 2018 for costume judging with prizes.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa Visit and Coloring Contest Display Wednesday December 5, 2018 at the Township Building Come see Santa at 5:30pm on the 2nd floor, Coloring contest display ground floor & Tree Lighting Ceremony begins at 7pm in front of the building.
2018 Day & Overnight Excursions
Details and itineraries can be found by clicking the links below. To book a trip, please contact Chrissy Kelly with Lowee’s Group Tours at (717) 657-9658.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC November 22For 90 years, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, has been the kickoff for the holiday season. Every year, this Emmy award winning tradition is seen by more than 3.5 million people in new York and 50 million people at home, all tuned in to see the giant balloons, one of a kind floats, amazing performers and much more. Get into the holiday spirit seeing the parade live! Trip includes: Transportation. Cost per person: $75
- Day on your own in New York City December 8, 2018New York City has an unbelievable array of shopping, over 150 world class museums, 18,000 restaurants and 135 Broadway theatres so there is something for everyone. Enjoy the holiday magic in NYC! Trip includes: Transportation and NYC Map. Cost per person: $65